Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Skrounging

I didn't have my 7:30 am class today, so I slept in until 7:00, intending to go to school to see a friend during my normal break. Upon entering the kitchen, I found a note asking me to watch and wait for a fax to come in, and then fax it to another number. So I waited as long as I could before having to leave for class. No fax. Figures. I did take a nap in that interim, though, and discovered that I apparently can't fall asleep in the leather armchairs my parents like so much. So, hard, lumpy couches it is.

I went to a meeting for the Honors Program tonight. It's usually a waste of my time, but we have to go to at least two, so I decided I might as well tonight, since I didn't have the super early class. It was even more of a waste of time than usual: they sent us on a scavenger hunt before the meeting. Yes, you heard me right. A scavenger hunt. I'm so glad I don't need to go to any more meetings until next semester.

I went to the library today before going to the meeting, because I had spare time between class and the meeting. Some 40-year-0ld dude was at the computer next to me, and his voice evidenced that he's probably been smoking cigarettes since he was 18. He kept looking at my skirt (it has eight 2" slits, but it's knee length) for the ten minutes I was in the library. He happened to get up off his computer at the same time I got off mine, and informed me he had voted me for the prettiest girl he'd seen today. Get a life, dude, and someone your own age.

No comments: