Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Tis the Season to be Cleaning

Tomorrow is Wednesday. That means, since it's the Wednesday before the fourth Thursday of November, it's a day for cooking and cleaning. I hope I get to peel the potatoes. I like peeling potatoes, as long as I don't need to do them 365 days a year. But 3 days a year is a good trade off for mashed potatoes with butter, sour cream, garlic, and all sorts of other goodies.

We're having a friend from church come over on Thursday, and my older brother and his gf will be coming on ... Sunday. From what I know, we won't exactly be having a proper Thanksgiving-type meal on Sunday, especially given the fact that the gf is now vegan.

Speaking of family and holidays, my grandma is apparently going to be coming down for Christmastime. Keep us in your prayers: the last time she came down, she locked herself in the guest room for the day because she felt we weren't letting her help enough around the house. Oh, and the day when I was thinking of starting on my ceiling ... that's the day Grandma's supposed to arrive.

My two early classes tomorrow have been canceled, but I still have the option of going to school for ASL. I'm not planning on it; I'm tired. I might even not get up until 8:00 tomorrow morning.

We picked up the paint for my room on Sunday. I'm happy to have the paint, but it won't be painted for a while. See above note about Grandma being in town when I want to be working on my room. However, if I can manage it, I'm gonna sneak into my room some tomorrow and do some more cleaning in there. Who ever guessed that cleaning would be so therapeutic and purifying?

No comments: