Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Ejection of a Voiceless Alveolar Stop

Got my car back tonight! The difference between my car and the other one is like the difference between a hotel bed and your own comfy bed. That's on the familiarity scale, the comfy scale, and the scale of it fitting you well.

Test in phonetics tomorrow. Vowels of English and consonants of the world. Should be fun. I especially look forward to using diacritics, like aspiration or dentalization, on the test. Nothing better than pressure to throw off a transcription. I just hope my headache goes away by then.

Just across the hall from the room where I have Phonetics Lab, there's an Italian class that gets out just before my Phonetics Lab starts. One of my professors from last semester is in that class, as is one of the students from that professor's class. I found out today, though, that one of the singers from my voice class is there, too. For a school with 35,000 undergraduates, I sure see people I know a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its such as you learn my mind! You seem to know
so much approximately this, such as you wrote the book
in it or something. I think that you simply can do with some % to power the
message home a little bit, however other than that, that is excellent blog.
A great read. I'll certainly be back.

Feel free to surf to my web site - free wood working plans