Friday, September 21, 2007

You have been Thwacked

Did more shopping today, since there weren't any karate events until this evening. I found something each for my mom and my dad, but since my brother actually told me what he'd like, he's harder to shop for. Go figure.

I worked with escrimas tonight. Very little can match fighting with sticks. My partner was a yellow belt, and I think she felt intimidated by me. I don't know why. I didn't get thwacked at all tonight until I was at the banquet, and a particular callous I have on my right wrist was pointed out to an instructor who's big on pressure points. Said instructor got excited and showed me exactly how I can use that callous to hit a particular pressure point. I know exactly how it feels, and he didn't even thwack me hard.

Tomorrow's the real deal camp. The first hour of the day is stretching. Doesn't that sound like fun? Stretching with an undefeated middleweight sparring champ. At 9:00 in the morning, which is 7:00 on my time.

No comments: