Friday, September 28, 2007

The Airway is Shut

How can a year go so fast? It doesn't seem like summer's over yet, but Monday is going to be October. I don't know how that happened. I've had my first tests in all of my classes so far this semester. Well, I've decided that I'm probably not going to try to be an audiologist in addition to being a speech-language pathologist. At least not if I would have to regularly deal with the physics of sound. That is, *ahem* apparently not my forte.

I did much better on the test for the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system. Especially in comparison to the rest of the class. I suppose an audiologist might be able to get away without having to do conversions for sound stuff. However, I'd be rather scared if the SLP treating my child didn't know that another name for the "airway" is "trachea." How do you get away with that? How could you not know that? The trachea was just about the only thing discussed in the 2.5 hour Anatomy lecture every Tuesday.

Inka got a new bandage on her paw today, but that was about it. The vet was impressed she'd managed to keep her bandage on (as am I, believe me). Her new bandage is blue. And she behaved herself rather well in the car, too. I only had to half-push her in. On the way back from the vet's, she barely even begged for attention. She just sat curled up like a cat on her 101 Dalmatians towel on the passenger seat. There is some white hair in my car, though.

No comments: