Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Canniballistic

Ever had dinner prepared before it was time to eat? All that needed to happen was for someone to turn on the oven and stick it in. I did that today. Wanted my dad to stick it in the oven after I called saying I was out of class. With the time the oven took to heat plus the 60+ minute cook time, it should have been ready about 30 minutes after I got home from school. I got home, and the uncooked dinner was sitting on the counter. Hadn't been anywhere near the oven yet. Remember, Tuesday is my day that I'm on campus for 11 hours. When I get home, I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I'm quite often cranky. If I expect dinner to be ready, dinner better be ready. So, here I am, an hour after I got home from school, and dinner should be ready in another four minutes, but I know it will be another 5 minutes minimum to get my dad and brother to the table, even though I told them 6 minutes ago that it was 10 minutes until dinner.

On a more positive note, I saw my high school choir director at my university today. Let that thought run through a couple of times: one of my high school teachers, studying at my university. He's going for his master's in business. He only has 12 units this semester, lucky duck.

~~~~~

Almost forgot, I took a couple pictures this morning of the lake. It was pretty and foggy. The temperature outside when I woke up this morning was 51 degrees. Because of the setting I had to use on the camera, the pictures are a bit blurry, but I think they're still rather lovely.



No comments: