Monday, January 21, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

It doesn't ever feel real the night before classes start. Ever. But I've printed my syllabi for almost all of my classes (one of the classes isn't on Blackboard yet, which is very strange). I have a notebook that everything is in for now, but I'll probably need to get more. I have a feeling that we'll be getting a lot of papers/notes for each class, like usual. Wednesday will be a day that almost feels like vacation again, though. I've only got one class on that day. It's also useful that I found my parking permit. It's too easy to lose that silly thing, because it comes in the world's smallest envelope. Why should it be in a huge envelope, if the permit itself isn't huge? Grr.

I got everything back into my room today. Now, that doesn't mean that everything is back in its place in my room. It's just back. I have some things on the floor, a stack of stuff at the desk area, boxes that are holding things I'm not sure I wanna keep, and a box that's holding old textbooks I'm definitely ready to get rid of but the bookstore wouldn't buy back from me. And first day is always fun, too, for all that extra time you have to sit around and ... work on assignments you don't have yet? I'll probably bring my Audiology text with me, since it's taught by the same prof who had the Hearing and Speech Sciences class last semester. It's probably the class that will be the least intuitive, once again. I'll be bringing some flash cards, too, so that I can start on making those flash cards right away.

On a plus side, it rained today. And there is supposed to be more rain this week, too.

No comments: