Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods

What do you know? It's been a month since my last blog. Yes, I really have been keeping busy. What, knitting doesn't count? How about if I knit while reading my texts? I bet you don't know very many people who can truthfully say they can do that. Sometimes I can even watch tv while reading and knitting, and throw in the odd conversation. That's talent.

Speaking of talent, I exercised one of my least favorable talents today. When I'm behind a wheel, I call it experimental driving. I don't know what to call it when I'm walking around for an hour, trying to find the speech clinic that's associated with my school but not on campus proper. Yes folks, an hour. And with my pile o' books still in-arm, too. Because I had thought it wouldn't take much more than 15 minutes to get there. I walked across campus, down through the 6 flights of stairs in a parking structure, through an endlessly long parking lot, over a bridge that crossed a random stream-like valley, through another parking lot, and then around the 17,000 blocks that comprised the medical center/offices off of this street where the speech clinic should have been. 411 didn't even know where to find the place. I walked far enough that I actually found the next trolley stop. I seriously considered riding the trolley back to campus.

I still haven't signed up to do any observation hours at the clinic. I think I should get one hour already, just for trying.

No comments: